CSE RKL
Last -

LITHIUM BUTTE

Overview

The Lithium Butte Property consists of 60 lode claims on BLM lands covering approximately 1,200 acres (486 ha) in west central Utah.  The Lithium Butte Property will be part of a regional lithium exploration program that Rockland is developing in Utah.  The Company is currently staking additional claims and will provide additional Property details once staking has been completed.

Rockland has acquired a 90% interest in the original Lithium Butte property (60 claims - 1,200 acres), with the remaining 10% interest held by an arms-length third party. All remaining claims being staked by Rockland are owned 100% by the Company.

2022 Sampling

Ten grab samples from the property were taken on a reconnaissance sampling program in May 2022.   All of the grab samples are from a rhyolite tuff-breccia unit of Tertiary age that is known to contain elevated Lithium contents.  Five grab samples of the tuff-breccia that had strongly developed clay alteration assayed from 4,080 ppm lithium to 1,200 ppm lithium with an average of 2,142 ppm lithium.   The five samples were taken from an outcropping exposure of clay altered tuff-breccia with a stratigraphic thickness estimated to be greater than 20 m.  The exposure contains at least two intervals of claystone mineralization, each of which is several meters in thickness.

“Although this project is at a very early stage, we are extremely encouraged by these high-grade lithium grab samples from volcanic-derived claystones on the Lithium Butte Property.  The next stage of work will include channel sampling to confirm the thickness of the lithium-rich claystone units on the Property.  Since the claystone is locally well-exposed and accessible to surface sampling, we anticipate that this work will be done this summer.  Lithium Butte has many of the hallmarks of successful lithium claystone projects in the Basin and Range Province.  These include: volcanic source rocks with elevated lithium content; geothermal fluid activity; containment basins; clay altered horizons; and favourable structure.”

Dr. Richard Sutcliffe, President